SSHL Hockey League
Registration fees for the upcoming season are $485 per player. For families with more than one child, there will be a $50 discount on each additional child.
The SSHL is now open to all 2006-2011 aged players. 2005 and 2012 born players may be accepted upon league approval. The objective of the league is to allow all kids the opportunity to play competitive hockey with an emphasis on player development. We will do everything we can to keep the league affordable, local (little to no travel), challenging and fun. We anticipate this being a top notch league that will offer an alternative to traditional minor hockey.
This is a competitive league. All players must wear full equipment.
2021-2022 Season Features
- Two Divisions of 4 or 5 teams.
- Guarantee of 20 Full Games consisting of 3-20 Minute periods including playoffs.
- Season will run from October 19, 2021 to March 12 , 2022
- Team numbers will be made to fit all provincial COVID 19 guidelines to ensure that the league is compliant with provincial regulations.
- Each player will be placed in the Senior or Junior division. Junior division will be mostly 2010 and 2011 born players and the Senior Division will be 2008 and 2007 born players. 2009 Born players will be designated to one division or the other. We anticipate 3 teams based out of Raymond and 1 out of Cardston for the Junior division and 4 Teams based out of Raymond and 1 out of Cardston for the Senior Division.
- Senior division will be a non-checking league with some modified body contact.
- Each player will receive a team jersey and matching socks for the season.
- Players will receive a combination of practice times. Practices will range from skill development to Team tactics.
- All games and practices will be at set times in Raymond (80%) with a few games in Cardston and Warner for each team.
- Each team will feature a maximum of 13 skaters and 1 goalie.
- Each player will receive a unified coaching and instruction mandated by the league and relayed to all coaches.
- Schedules for the season will be announced in September so families can plan their winter in advance. All games will be scheduled in advance with most games played on weeknights with a few on Friday night or possibly Saturday.
- Each player will be insured by the league.